Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Permission to come aboard; Granted

Welcome aboard!

This is the good ship Sara Lisse, which means bitter-sweet. I could not find a better name for life, which is what this log is about, the voyage of my life. Sometimes the tedious day to day maintenance that every life, like a ship, requires to keep on sailing. And sometimes the momentous storms or adventures and ports it lands in, or finds itself in.

I'm the skipper, Captain Wolfe, known as the Phantom Jew to some, and as Jera to most.

No, I'm not a jew, and no it has nothing to do with jews, it has to do with Iggy Pop, and his song passenger, and a bad phone connection, and... well, that's a story for another day.

I've been sailing the waters of life for a good three decades, and I've grown familiar with her moods, the rise and fall of her waves, and the tides of her fortunes. I don't claim to know everything, or anything much of worth, and some would say that makes me wise, and some would say that makes me a fool. I leave it to you to decide.

The one thing I can say is that the sea of life can be a lonely place, as often as it can be overcrowded. It can be dangerous, and the others who sail it can be friend or foe, and don't always fly their colors true, if they fly 'em at all.

But I've got my good ship, and a good crew to keep her headed in the right direction, and there's nary else more a man can seldom ask for without tempting the fates.

So again, welcome aboard. Smooth sailing and may the wind be at your back, me mates.

~Jera

No comments: